TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
Mike Masters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 12:16:39 -0400

I have a bare PCB with 1 via pad missing on one side of the PCB.  This is a
multilayer PCB.  After assembly some pass test while others did not.  This is
how the problem was discovered.  The problem is that several hundred assemblies
have been produced and are still in-house.  I plan to temperature cycle the
assemblies to insure connection with the innerlayers.

Has anyone experienced this problem and if so how was it verified reliability
wise as good product.  If there is not an effective test method of course all
product will be scraped and sent back to the supplier for reimbursement.

Any ideas?  Any test methods for reliability?

Mike

--

Mike Masters
QA Materials Engineering section