TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 97 07:47:58 cst
     Hi Charles -

     The solderability of your components will definitely degrade due to
     the baking schedules you are looking at! The extent of the
     solderability degradation will depend on how well you specify the
     component finish parameters (i.e. thickness, type) and what type of
     flux systems (i.e. very active versus low activity) you are using in
     manufacturing. It sure looks like the impact of plastic parts on the
     manufacturing process is going to be very dependent on the how well
     thought out the plastic component handling and implementation plan
     progresses for companies. Good Luck.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins