TECHNET Archives

April 1997

Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 15:11:17 -0500
     Glen,

     I guess it may depend on the component supplier's business plan and
     rate of obsolescence of the components in question. I know on occasion
     we at Harris Semiconductor will announce a " lifetime buy " on
     semiconductor components that we are going to discontinue and our
     military customers are advised many months in advance and given the
     opportunity to purchase as much product as they wish. However, it is
     customary to quote, and we do quote, Volume Purchase Agreements (
     VPA's) with military customers for as long as three years.

     Best regards,

     Mark Kwoka
     Harris Semiconductor