TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
Allen Hertz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 13:03:23 -0500 (EST)
I don't want to discourage you , but here are a few words of caution if you are
also looking at reliability evaluations:

The die is critical, as is the lead material. Both are key factors in the long
term reliability. Alloy 42 is know to have field failures. The die and moisture
can result in some delamination if you are not cautious.

When you are looking, ask if they are daisy chained metal or actual die. To meet
this, sometimes, your actual component supplier can produce daisy chained parts
for you. We have had some success with suppliers in that respect.

Best of Luck,
Allen