TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
[log in to unmask] (Dave Strecker)
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 08:34:31 -0400
     FYI

     The U.S. Dept. of Energy keeps a list of virus hoaxes at
     http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html.  The AOL4FREE is one of
     them.  The real virus is that it slows down the internet by everyone
     sending out warning messages.

     Dave Strecker
     Rockwell Automation/A-B

Subject: Re: URGENT WARNING VIRUS ALERT
Author:  drilbert <[log in to unmask]> at Internet
Date:    4/15/97 7:34 PM

Srinu Valluripalli wrote:

Not to worry.  Anyone with any sense wouldn't bother opening email from
America Online.

Drilbert