TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
"Larry Morse" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 12:09:23 -0800
Siegfried,

I've used Kester 244 (RMA) quite extensively and find it to be a very
forgiving paste with wide process windows, and very easy to clean.  At 10
deg C for an unopened container, I suspect you would have no problem with a
storage time of 6 months from date of manufacture, after that I'd start
doing solderability tests depending on your specific requirements (or just
watch your results carefully).  I've had some at 5 deg C. for over a year
and still have seen no performance loss.

As far as the -10 deg C, I don't have any input, perhaps others do.  I'd be
interested in knowing that also.  I suspect there would be no problem as
long as the paste is allowed to warm to room temperature before being
expose to air (and resulting condensation).

Larry Morse
Celwave RF