TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
Ed Cosper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 10:27:12 -0500
Denis,

Just so you know, officially I am just a user like yourself but I like to answer questions when I can. Regarding copying the entire net with responses, this is the whole point of the net. Speaking for myself, I have learned a lot from reading other peoples recommendations to inquiries and stated problems. By being able to review other peoples responses to problems expands every ones exposure to different ideas and experiences. I consider this to be the basic foundation for the usefulness of the net.

For example, say someone posts a question about dielectric issues that you may not have an answer for or possible not ever had to address. By reading other persons responses, you will have at least gained some exposure and information about dielectric issues you didn't have before. Now, say somewhere down the road you have a customer that asks you a basic question about dielectrics, you have at least been exposed to some ideas and will probably be able to recall some specifics.

Regarding the concern about people having to go thru information they don't care about, this is where subject identification is important. People will open only what looks interesting to them. Bottom line, I recommend copying the net if you feel the response can benefit others.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Ed Cosper
Director Quality Assurance and Engineering
Graphic Electronics Inc.
Tulsa, OK 74008