TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 97 10:09:20 cst
     Hi TechNet!

     Try conducting a thermal profile of your board with a thermocouple
     attached to the QFP pads and a thermocouple attached to the QFP leads
     - you may have uneven heating with the board internal layers thieving
     enough heat that the leads become the preferred direction for solder
     flow. The thermal profile data should help point you in the right
     direction. Good Luck.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins