TECHNET Archives

April 1997

Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 1997 22:52:31 -0400 (EDT)
Recently, a customer inquired as to whether we had seen an increase in the
flatness  requirements for pwb's specifically due to the presence of BGA
devices. I replied that we had not seen any increase outside of 'normal'
warp and twist requirements even with boards that have BGA devices present.

This customer stated that for at least one BGA component manufacturer there
is a requirement of 0.3% warp and twist in the region immediately under the
BGA device.

Has anyone seen such a requirement? Can this be measured? Even after assembly?

Thanks in advance to all who reply...

Dave Rooke
Circo Craft - Pointe Claire