TECHNET Archives

April 1997

Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 16:35:22 -0400 (EDT)
Oh come on, Duane - lighten up!
I passed on the Virus warning in all sincerity.  It was not a prank - as far
as I knew it was real.  The debate it generated was interesting, if not a bit
heated.  I thought a little levity in its wake would be appropriate.
 Excuuuuse me.

By the way, why should the IPC screen (or perhaps "censor" is the word you
want) the postings.  The topic of each input is clearly stated - you only
have to open the  ones that are of interest to you.  Whatever implored you
open one marked PENPAL?

But perhaps Duane is right.  This is a serious industry we are in.  There is
no room for jocularity or humor here.  It has to kept dry and stern (hey you
over there - wipe that grin off your face!).  Anyone who can't adhere to this
regimen should be banished from the Technet!  (or at least sent to the IPC
office for detention). Harrumph!