TECHNET Archives

April 1997

Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 20:07:10 -0400 (EDT)
I have already responded to a similar question regarding IST from a previous
Technet posting. I am attaching this as follows :

= = = = = =

>We have been using IST testing for a number of years here at Circo Craft.
It has become an indispensable tool for assessing reliability of products
and is used extensively and routinely for validating process changes PRIOR
to implementation. It has the benefit of having a reduced cycle time for
analysis, but just as important, technicians can stop the process before
catastrophic failure. In doing so we can assess the ONSET of failure to
determine root cause of the problem. We have correlated IST versus
traditional thermocycling and have mathematically correlated the data results.

>Dave Rooke
>Circo Craft - Pointe Claire