TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
Steve Tetorka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 14:27:00 -0800

Ball Grid Array's use actual solder balls, as small as 0.010" in diameter.
"Flip chip" can use "anything", even diamonds to make the electrical
contact.
The 'bid deal' about Flip Chip is no package to place the die (chip) into.
The actual chip makes physical contact to the contiguous contact using Flip
chip methodology.  To some extent, "Chip scale packaging" is another
'similar' term to be confused about.