TECHNET Archives

March 1997

Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 97 15:36:34 EST
     Try QC-Calc by Pro-link software at (860)659-5928 or check out
     www.prolinksoftware.com.  It's a decent windows-based package that
     talks to various gauges via RS-232 and it's (gasp) affordable.

Subject: Re: SPC software designed for PCB production
Author:  [log in to unmask] at INET
Date:    3/19/97 12:00 PM

Hello,

We are also looking for better SPC control in all areas. We are looking for
network SPC software with automatic data input that provides real time
information in the form of  x bar and r charts with Cp and Cpk values in
order for  the operator to evaluate their process with.  RS-232 serial
input from calipers, amp probes, overarm micrometers, xray thickness
testers, controllers, etc with the capability to segregate part numbers
and/or particular nominal reading values would be nice.  Capability for
operator is also a must. Automatic feed and bleed chemical controllers with
rs232 output going directly to a network pc with software designed for the
operation is also desired.

We are also looking for software that can connect directly to our copper
plating rectifiers that is capable of storing amps per panel information
based on part numbers. The job could be pulled up on the screen and the
number of panels input thus automatically setting the rectifer amperage to
the proper setting. It should also have the capability of storing specific
notes about a job pertaining to racking, copper thickness, etc.

The bottom line is that we are looking for automatic equipment for the
entire shop that is capable of delivering real time statistical information
to the operator and machine which will notify them of any out of control
situations and prevent them from producing bad product to 5.65 sigma
levels.

----------
> From: Lars Ladefoged Holm <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: GEN: SPC software designed for PCB production
> Date: Tuesday, March 18, 1997 10:02 AM
>
> Hello everyone.
>
> Printca has reasently started a full scale implementation of SPC and
> Capability.
>
> Not that we belive everything should be monitored, bud we have a firm
> conviction, that given the right attention, and a selectiv attitude, a
large
> numbers of our proces and product parameters can achive the bennefits of
> SPC.
>
> We have started out by dooing all the calculating and cart drawing by
> hand.  Just to sort of learn the technic from scratch. But now, to make
our
> day easier, we are looking out for SPC / Capability software.
>
> Does anyone know of some SPC software, that incorporate the special
> condicions that are a fact for PCB producers ??
> You know:  Small lot size numbers - many "different" lots running throug
the
> same process  -  Indirect (by process parameteres) survailiance of
Product

*