TECHNET Archives

March 1997

From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 97 16:33:54 cst
     Hi Maurice -

     Take a look at the solderability of the boards. You may have pads
     where the nickel underplate has diffused to the pad surface via the
     gold grain boundaries or porosity in the gold finish. Check out
     "Assessment of Circuit Board Surface Finishes for Electronic Assembly
     with Lead free Solders" by Dr.U. Ray, et all, SMI 96 Proceedings page
     656 for more info.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins