TECHNET Archives

March 1997

From:
Ted Stern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 10:18:27 -0800
Darrell Daigle wrote:

> Hello technetters, I will try this for the fifth time,I apologize if your
> file is loaded with this request, it has been returned to me as undelivered
> mail.
>
> If a gold finger with splashes of tin/lead on it "does not" make contact
> within a gold socket, will there be galvanic corrosion.
> Unfortunately IPC-A-600 does not address reliability issues, if there is
> reference material out there, I would like to know.

Hello All:

Along similar lines I have observed select corrosion of solder occurr
during the resist stripping process, but only solder connected to gold
tabs.  It was presumed a galvanic corrosion was taking place but the
"pathway" of this corrosion has not been identified.  Perhaps anyone
with an answer to the above question could shed some light on this
problem as well.  Thanks for your assistance!

Regards,
Ted Stern