TECHNET Archives

March 1997

From:
"David Creager "<[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 16:07:00 -0600
Check the amount of copper that is in your Whatman filter paper.  When I
was working at a power plant doing total and dissolved copper studies
for discharge, we almost reported a copper violation. It was found
through the use of Acidified blanks that depending on the paper used
from Whatman, copper can be a contaminate at the levels of 100-200 ppb.