TECHNET Archives

March 1997

From:
[log in to unmask] (Jack Crawford)
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 08:38:07 -0500
Michael: The EMPF may be able to assist you from several aspects regarding
this.

(1) We were/are part of a mini-consortium of users and material/equipment
suppliers that have put extensive work into development of no-clean
processes for through-hole, SMT, and hand soldering operations. (It's hard
to state the following without sounding commercial, so skip if it offends
you.) In addition to a reasonable level of FREE phone support, we offer a
highly-rated training course in no-clean implementation. We have conducted
this training as part of the technical conferences for Surface Mount
International and NEPCON West, as well as in customers and our own training
facilities. The course includes a manual with about 300 pages of "success
stories".

(2) We have been involved with the Navy and DoD Single Process Initiative
(SPI) that has as a goal support for block changes of existing contracts
where possible, and implementation on re-procurements. One of our staff,
Jim Moffitt, has given presentations on this at DMC (Defense Manufacturing
Conference in Texas last fall) and at the February manufacturing seminar
sponsored by the Manufacturing Technology Training Center in China Lake CA.
I have an electronic copy (PowerPoint 4.0) of the slides used in the
presentations. In the success stories buried down in that presentation are
about a half dozen names of companies that have successfully completed
block changes for no-clean processes, and a longer list of companies that
have or are in the process of effecting other block changes. The file is
about 700K, and I can forward it to you as an e-mail attachment if you
wish.

>> >  N O - C L E A N   S O L D E R   B L O C K   C H A N G E   I N F O   W A
>N T E D < <
>

>I am looking for Military Contractors who have successfully implemented
>no-clean solder processes or are in the process of pursuing a no-clean
>solder block change.  I would like to share information.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Michael Lang

>* If you are having a problem with the IPC TechNet forum please contact   *
>* Dmitriy Sklyar at 847-509-9700 ext. 311 or email at [log in to unmask]      *

***ALL NEW EMPF PHONE NUMBERS***

Jack Crawford, HelpLine Coordinator
Electronics Mfg. Productivity Facility
****NEW--317.655.3688