TECHNET Archives

March 1997

Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 18:01:12 -0600
     I don't know exactly where you have this condition occurring, but if
     it is around hardware it could be oil residue.  Sometimes hardware is
     coated with a thin coat to help prevent corrosion on them.  We have
     noted it most on metallic screws, bolts, nuts and washers.  Sometimes
     this coat of oil is difficult to remove depending upon what cleaning
     method is used.  Hope this helps.

     Dwight Nolen
     MFG Quality Engineer/QA Supervisor
     Frontier Engineering