TECHNET Archives

March 1997

From:
Jon Holmen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 11:19:56 -0600 (CST)
We do not have the photos for the MIL-STD-750D, but we are developing
color posters based on the IPC-A-610. The first ones due out hopefully
this Summer are minimum acceptable contitions for PTH solder fill, (table
4-1 in the A-610), and solder criteria for chips, J-lead and Gull Wing
SMT.

The task group that is developing these plans on addressing as many
issues on future poster as the industry needs. We would welcome input on
what areas in the A-610 you would like to see addressed, and encourage
voluteers to participate with the development of the posters.

You can contact either  Tim Bates <[log in to unmask]>, or myself
with your suggestions.

The posters will be 20x28 inches, laminated with eyelets so they can be
hung on a wall or suspended above a bench. If there is enough demand,
the posters may also be available in a 17x22 unlaminated to fit in poster
frames that many facilities already have

Jon Holmen
Technical Project Manager
IPC
2215 Sanders Road