TECHNET Archives

March 1997

From:
Ed Cosper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 09:44:14 -0600
Mike,

You will find that in IPC A 600 E  (Acceptability Guidelines)  and in IPC RB 276 section 3.11 the mask requirements are clearly defined. With regard to mask coverage of reflowed parts, the requirements would be the same since the concern is not with potential exposed copper degradation but potential bridging of conductive surfaced during assembly.

Hope this helps,

Ed Cosper
Director Quality Assurance and Engineering
Graphic Electronics Inc.
Tulsa, OK