TECHNET Archives

March 1997

From:
"SCOTT BALLER" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 97 06:02:02 PST
  Shredder,

  With the dollars your spending on bits your drill supplier should be living
  in your shop until that problem is resolved....

  Scott Baller
  Engineering Manager
  Multek Roseville

Subject: Excessive caking of debris (DRILL)
Author:  [log in to unmask] at INTERNET_GATEWAY
Date:    3/22/97 9:04 PM

------=_NextPart_000_01BC361A.B3E7E520

Hi, I am an employee of Preagitzer Industries Inc. We have been having some
problem with caked debris on a couple of our drill machines (Excellon Mark
4's). The caking effect was showing up on a few jobs that were using .016,
.0145 and smaller sized drill bits. We switched to an aluminum coated backup
material and started taping down all sides of our panels. We thought the
problem had ceased, but to our regret, it hadn't. It did minimize the
frequency of this annoying anomoly, so that was nice. My hope is that there
is another way to eliminate caked debris altogether. We are also going to
try using entry foil that doesn't hang off the edges of the panels (I think
that's the problem), but we can't know for sure until we try. We are using
up alot of time taping down all 4 sides of the panels on each and every
round of every job with the said drill bit sizes and I would like to find a
better way to deal with the problem. I hope I have given enough info to get
an answer quickly. I am 2 months into the PCB Fabrication Industry and
though I read my IPC and ISO Instruction books faithfully, I am still
extremely green. I hope someone can help as this hinders my ability to work
and get some studying in at the same time...hehe

Thank you so much.

The Shredder

P.S.
Mucho kudos to IPC for their services to the industry, it's employees and
the internet. I have been learning so much from this service and am
extremely greatful for  the help that I get. ROCK ON! ;>

------=_NextPart_000_01BC361A.B3E7E520

color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Arial">Hi, I am an employee of <font =
color=3D"#0000FF"><b>Preagitzer Industries Inc. </b><font =
color=3D"#000000">We have been having some problem with caked debris on =
a couple of our drill machines (Excellon Mark 4's). The caking effect =
was showing up on a few jobs that were using <font =
sized drill bits. We switched to an aluminum coated backup material and =
started taping down all sides of our panels. We thought the problem had =
ceased, but to our regret, it hadn't. It did minimize the frequency of =
this annoying anomoly, so that was nice. My hope is that there is =
another way to eliminate caked debris altogether. We are also going to =
try using entry foil that doesn't hang off the edges of the panels (I =
think that's the problem), but we can't know for sure until we try. We =
are using up alot of time taping down all 4 sides of the panels on each =
and every round of every job with the said drill bit sizes and I would =
like to find a better way to deal with the problem. I hope I have given =
enough info to get an answer quickly. I am 2 months into the PCB =
Fabrication Industry and though I read my<b> <font =
color=3D"#FF0000">IPC</b><font color=3D"#000000"> and <font =
faithfully, I am still extremely <font =
can help as this hinders my ability to work and get some studying in at =
industry, it's employees and the internet. I have been learning so much =
from this service and am extremely greatful for &nbsp;the help that I =
get. ROCK ON! ;&gt;</p>
ont></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_01BC361A.B3E7E520--