TECHNET Archives

March 1997

From:
Nelson Calimquim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 09:30:40 -0800
Anybody use a Crescent 30 Photoplotter from Gerber?  We've been using
this machine to plot our artworks for about 3 years.  In that time, the
hard drive (buffer) connecting the computer and the photoplotter has
failed 4 times in that period (twice in the past six months).  Each time
the Gerber technicians had to replace the hard drive, which cost several
thousand dollars for each replacement

Has anybody else had these problems?  Please note that the warranty that
Gerber places on the hard drive is only ONE MONTH.  Is that strange or
what?  Aren't hard drive supposed to last longer than that?

Nelson P. Calimquim
Project Engineer