TECHNET Archives

March 1997

From:
"d.guigues" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 09:05:26 -0800
Gentlement at IPC, my name is Keith Christensen and I am a member of the
Canadian Forces stationed in Ottawa Ontario, Canada.  I am involved with
a project contracted to a civilian company to design and build microwave
radio repeater equipment.  Up to this time the solder work produced by
this company has been very poor requiring much rework, my question to
you is, do any of your publications deal with the issue of reliability
and an set allowable percentage of rework before their process can be
rejected. In addition there has been instance where because of extensive
defects on some boards more than one wave soldering application has been
performed.  The contract has the contractor adhere to Mil-Std 2000A,
Mil-Std-275 and Mil-P-55110E however these seem to have no teeth as far
as specifying the issues of reliability and acceptability of production
PWA's.  Could you please inform me if any of your pubs through IPC would
fill the bill.  I have read some of your mail and the ones that interest
me is J-STD-001, IPC-610, and IPC-D-279.  Your assistance would be
greatly appreciated as soon as possible.  My phone Number is (613)
990-0691, and my e-mail address is [log in to unmask]
Thanks

Keith R.Christensen
Warrant Officer
Canadian Armed Forces