TECHNET Archives

March 1997

From:
Joseph Fjelstad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 23:15:33 -0800
Hi Kathy

There are several possibilities. One scheme that has been reported is to use
a screen printable solderable coating as the etch resist, normally organic
in nature (e.g. imidazole). Another is pattern plating copper onto to a very
thin clad substrate and also use differential etch approach but with
standard chemistries and no manipulation. You may also wish to look up the
work of Norvell Nelson (formerly of PSI-Star a defunct PCB manufacturer in
the Bay Area) Some of his patents describe novel etching techniques and
chemistries.

Good luck in your efforts.
J.Fjelstad

At 12:16 PM 3/19/97 -0800, you wrote:

>Does anyone have any information on this issue for this graduate student?
>Please reply directly to [log in to unmask]
>
>Thanks!

 ...System Building Blocks for the Next Generation of Electronics

 3099 Orchard Drive
 San Jose, CA 95134
 Phone 408 894-0700
 Fax   408 894-0768