TECHNET Archives

March 1997

From:
"Rex Breunsbach" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
18 Mar 1997 09:56:09 -0800
Mail*Link¨ Remote             FWD>GEN: SPC software designed for PC
IPC has a Statistical Process Control Subcommittee (7-22)
Working on the third or so draft of a document (IPC-9191)

--------------------------------------
Date: 3/18/97 9:01 AM
From: Lars Ladefoged Holm
Hello everyone.

Printca has reasently started a full scale implementation of SPC and
Capability.

Not that we belive everything should be monitored, bud we have a firm
conviction, that given the right attention, and a selectiv attitude, a large
numbers of our proces and product parameters can achive the bennefits of
SPC.

We have started out by dooing all the calculating and cart drawing by
hand.  Just to sort of learn the technic from scratch. But now, to make our
day easier, we are looking out for SPC / Capability software.

Does anyone know of some SPC software, that incorporate the special
condicions that are a fact for PCB producers ??
You know:  Small lot size numbers - many "different" lots running throug the
same process  -  Indirect (by process parameteres) survailiance of Product
parameters...... and so forth ??

If you know of any, or have direct experience with some SPC software
products in PCB production, I would apprisiate a clue !
And since we are a Danish company, the software better be distribuated by
a danish or Eouropean dealer.

By the way.

There has been a lot of talking on the net concerning SPC in PCB
production.  What about making af IPC FORUM for it ??
Just an idea !

Looking forward to here from you "all".

Lars Ladefoged Holm
Quality Engineering.