TECHNET Archives

March 1997

From:
Nelson Calimquim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 09:40:13 -0800
What type of rigid carrier board do you use?  Is it just plain FR4 or
Delmat?

I would like to know if you have any experience with any other type of
carrier that is as rigid as FR4, but is much less expensive and can
withstand the temperatures of a reflow oven.

The reason for this is that we would like to ship flex in a
panelized-form with that inexpensive, rigid carrier to our customer.
When our customer completes their assembly, they can just discard the
carrier.

To 3M?  DuPont?  Rogers?  Any comments?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Nelson P. Calimquim