TECHNET Archives

March 1997

From:
Ed Cosper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 08:55:46 -0600
Rudy,

You know, this is a very good question. I would think that  technical representatives from various suppliers and board manufactures should convene with the intent of specifically discussing and concluding what elements are critical to monitor and those that are not.
>From the conclusion reached, a process control presentation could be given to a larger group of board manufacturers that focuses on what really needs to be controlled. This could be part of an IPC  forum or an independent seminar.

What I would really be concerned with is:

1.  Would the various suppliers agree with one another regarding what is critical and what is
     not?

2.	How do you stop individuals from using the initial meeting as a sales objective?  Do you
      allow the sales representatives to attend the initial meeting?

3.   How do cover the costs of such an adventure?

4.   How many people would really be interesting in attending a presentation or seminar such
      as this?

Just my thoughts,

Ed Cosper
Director Quality Assurance and Engineering
Graphic Electronics,
Tulsa, OK