TECHNET Archives

March 1997

From:
"Scott B. Westheimer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 07:10:36 +0800
From: Scott Westheimer
Date: 3/17/97

The addition of copper thieving on the actual inner layers an add to the
panel is normally a good idea for evening out pressure. However there is a
lot more reasons way you would have warpage. Non-symmetric designs and
lay-up, unbalanced coppers and glass weights, excesses lamination heat up
and cool down cycles, and distortion during thermal excursions i.e S/M
bakes, and HASL. You should discuss these with you fabricator.

The use of cross hatch can be a problem when it comes dry film imaging.
Sometimes the hatches come up and can cause opens during processing. I
would also recommend that before you use them that you discuss with the PCB
fabricator.

 *

*