TECHNET Archives

March 1997

Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 18:42:05 +0800

Thomas,
We use round feature on the side of panel "TRYING" to reduce the warpage.
However, up to now we have not experience any significant effect of
improving warpage by these dot. In fact these dot even contaminate our
etching chamber! I suggest better control of your baking, and HASL process
(especially how you design your rack), that should be a better cure.

Good luck

At 18:57 97/02/05 +0800, you wrote:

>Hello Siggers,
>
>Here's the scenario:
>
>Board warpage has become an issue in our shop so we are adding fill to
>open areas on the boards. Our fab houses like a round or square feature
>of varying density. Mentor (version A3F) only has solid or hatch as
>options. We have been using the hatch but it may not be optimum. CAM is
>probally not an option because we must have 100% repeatability between
>revisions, (Compliance approvals etc..) this is also why we can't let
>the Fab house do it for us. Oh yeah - We'd like to keep this automated.
>
>Here's the Q's:
>
>Fab Folks - What would you consider to be an adequate hatch pattern?
>.025 width on .05 grid? (If hatch is our only option) What would you
>recommend for a spot pattern?
>
>Designers - Are there any other Mentor users adding fill areas and how
>do you handle it?
>
>Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.
>
>Ty Thomas
>Sr Product Packaging Designer
>Paradyne Corp.
>Largo FL
>813-530-8434

>* If you are having a problem with the IPC TechNet forum please contact   *
>* Dmitriy Sklyar at 847-509-9700 ext. 311 or email at [log in to unmask]      *

Chris Wu
Engineering Dept.
Wus Printed Circuit (Kun Shan) Co. Ltd.
Tel: -86-520-7314977/78/79 ext. 6800