TECHNET Archives

March 1997

From:
"George Franck" <george@[11.1.1.33]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 11:54:59 -0500
Good Day Netters!

Would any Microwave Assembly Shop be willng to share experiences
with assembling Glibert connectors.  These are individual surface
mount co-ax to board connectors.  We are still designing the PWB
Fab, so we are not painted into a corner just yet, and could
actually implement suggestions at this time.  We are going to
have to blind mate these connectors approximately 32 at a time,
(or more.)

These connectors cost $20-30 each, and we are using 300 per
board.  So there is sufficient incentive to do it right the first
time.

I think we may be plowing new ground with this design.  Any input
is appriciated. Thanks for your help.

--
George Franck
Principal Product Engineer