TECHNET Archives

March 1997

Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 97 14:56:56 -0800
@ýH Ñ (87 lines)

     On pads with OSP, the solder paste will stay where it is placed and will
     not reflow to cover additional pad area. This is perfectly acceptable as
     long as solder joint quality is good.

     While the boards look strange, tests I have conducted show that there are
     no reliability issues with what appears to be exposed copper around the
     solder fillets. I believe there is residual OSP coating left on the pad.

     Denis Mori
     Hewlett-Packard
     Roseville, CA