TECHNET Archives

March 1997

From:
Allen Hertz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 15:28:43 -0500 (EST)
In my past life, we used selectively plated gold with Entek CU106-A successfully
for pressure contacts and switch contacts (to carbon ink actuators) without
issue. The gold was bussed in prior to the OSP application.

Some assembly houses are concerened regaring reflowing on immersion gold, as on
occasion, the solderability is not acceptable. N2 helps somewhat. The process
controls are vendor dependant.

Regards,
Allen