TECHNET Archives

March 1997

Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 10:16:42 -0600
     Jerry,

     Here are two quick, efficient and inexpensive options.

     1. Why are you using 7 mil Silver film for photoplot checking?  This
        is a very expensive process for insuring your CAM/CAD and/or
        D-codes where inputed correctly.

        To dramatically cut cost I used 5-7mil Red Diazo film for photoplot
        checking.  Plus it is easier to view the circuitry through the red
        diazo when overlaying multiple layers.  Its also useful when your
        Incoming inspection has shorts, opens or any related defect to
        troubleshoot via the red diazo.  Typically you are looking at
        $10-$15 less per sheet when going to a red diazo versus Silver.

        Not sure of their pricing matrix today, but in the past a local
        photoplot house, Compuroute, has been very cost competitive and
        quick turn around times.

     2. There are so many photoplotters out there, flatbeds, drums, Cybolic
        Sceinces, Gerber, Kodak, etc.  But if you want a low cost, low
        maintenance and versatile photoplotter try using Lavenirs RPG
        series plotters.  I've purchased and used the RPG-1622/si in the
        past. The foot print is praticallly a table top version, approx.
        40x25x15 and is self contained.

        Try them at: 510-680-7400 Pleasant Hill, CA

     Hope this helps,

     John Gulley - QA
     Inet Inc.
     1255 W. 15th St.
     Plano, TX 75075-7270

     p.s.  Ron Leraas, David Mckinney, Gene Hundley and all the other boys
     you know say helloooo Jerry.