TECHNET Archives

March 1997

Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 97 10:47:05 PST
Wow, there are lots of answers to this problem.  We need to know more to give
you adequate help.  Thickness of adhesive?  Copper weight? and other things.

Press pads and press cycles are some ways to deal with flow.  Soft press pads
can help, so can "bump cycles".

Another way to cut the flow is to use two layers of adhesive.  Say you need one
mil of adhesive for the design.  Use the needed polyimide thickness with half
the adhesive tacked to a second half thickness of adhesive drilled at a larger
hole size.  Like five mils larger.

Call next week after IPC if you want to discuss it with me.

Chuck Brummer, ACUSON
(818) 734-4930