TECHNET Archives

March 1997

Date:
Wed, 05 Mar 97 07:42:39 EST
     We've been removing solder and re-golding gold fingers for several
     years. We use equipment and supplies from Circuit Repair Corp.. and
     Pace. The guidelines in IPC-R-700C, sections 4.4.2 and 4.2.3.1 show
     how this is done. The equipment is relatively inexpensive, though
     there are chemical reclaiming issues and personal protection is
     needed. This capability has "saved the day" a number of times.

     John L.