TECHNET Archives

March 1997

From:
[log in to unmask] (Jerry Cupples)
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 10:26:59 -0600
Carl Ray asked:

>To whom it may concern:
>
>    If anyone has ever heard, seen or used a tape and
>reel splice tool for SMT parts, PLEASE contact me.
>I have seen one and it is manufactured by Seimens
>Corporation, but I would like to see what else is out
>there before we make a decision. If anyone has any
>recommendations please contact me.
>
>Thanks,
>Carl Ray
>Sanmina, Plant 11

Contact Topline in Garden Grove CA 310-433-7000

They sell a Swiss made tool HRS4 for $899 (1995 price). Needs to be bench
mounted :-|

Works OK, they would probably send one as sample on approval. Nice people.

The Siemens tool is good (although ridiculously expensive, especially the
splices) although ordering from them can be a little painful. Try calling
770-740-3922 in Alpharetta. Ask about p/n 02102987-02 splice tool
02102988-03 splice kit.

Their tool is completely handheld. I agree there would be a good market for
a really workable tape tool/splice system at a fair price. Let us know what
you find...

cheers,

Jerry Cupples
Interphase Corporation