TECHNET Archives

February 1997

From:
Paul Gould <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 19:58:05 +0000
I agree with Tom that there may be induced bow due to the components
which have been soldered on, but would not expect problems with bare
boards baked vertically at this temperature/time.
The time to reach 150°C will need to be determined so that the cure
cycle can be accurately timed from that point. Your Tg seems a bit low
for standard FR4 and should increase during the bake to around 145°C.
Provided there is no induced bow, there should not be any other
detrimental effects to the laminate. Normal pressing temperature is in
excess of 170°C
Good luck
Paul Gould

In message  Tom Ingham writes