TECHNET Archives

February 1997

From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 05 Feb 97 13:18:53 cst
     Hi Greg -

     Take a look at MIL-STD-883, Method 1009.8 Salt Atmosphere. Although
     this method is written around testing parts, finishes, etc. it can be
     done on functional assemblies provided you and your customer agree on
     what will simulate the use environment. We have done this test with
     modifications on functional electronics for customers with salt water
     concerns (you would be surprised how wet it is on a ship in the
     Pacific!). You don't want to use the test method blindly but it could
     be of use to you. Good Luck.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins