TECHNET Archives

February 1997

From:
Delsen Testing Laboratories <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 05 Feb 1997 09:56:30 -0800
We perform the test routinely.  Other approximately equivelent
methods (5% NaCl, 95 degrees F) include ASTM B 117 and MIL STD 202,
Method 101 and MIL STD 1344 for connectors.  Note the test durations may
vary.  MIL STD 883 and 750 use different conditions (1% NaCl
concentration) to test parts at the component level.

The salt spray or fog test is ususally performed on finished assemblies
that are exposed outdoors, on mated connectors or to evaluate metal
finishes.  It is an accelerated corrosion test.  We have performed the
test on assembled boards, but it is an uncommon request.  Feel free to
call me if I can be of more help.

--
John Moylan
President

Delsen Testing Laboratories, Inc.
1024 Grand Central Ave.
Glendale,  CA  91201

Phone:	818 247 4106
FAX	818 247 4537
email:	[log in to unmask]
URL:	http://www.primenet.com/~delsen/

Delsen Testing Laboratories, Inc. is an independent testing
laboratory primarily engaged testing advanced materials.