TECHNET Archives

February 1997

From:
"Hanamann, Peter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 04 Feb 97 14:26:00 CST

We use a lot of Through-hole  X7R, and Z5U 20% tol.  in the range of 1nF to
330nF.  After Wave the capacitance may increase to 40%  over nominal value.
 This increase lasts several weeks, and all manufacturers I talk to confirm
this is normal.  This has no real affect on our applications, as they are
used for  power supply bypass.  Kemet has a published application note:
 "AGING - Capacitance Change Due to Time or Exposure to High Temperature".
 This was written by Dick Thompson, Apr, 1995.
     Pete Hanamann
     EAC/Plexus