TECHNET Archives

February 1997

From:
Don Vischulis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 19:02:02 -0600
Christer:

A chromate conversion coating (one brand name is Iridite) does not
change the electropotential of the material.  Rather the substrate
(aluminum) is coated with a non-conductive layer similar to immersion
plating.  Another possibility to avoid galvanic corrosion might be an
anodizing process.  In any case, the coating is quite thin and an
adverse environment will cause corrosion eventually.

Hope this was of some help.

Don Vischulis