TECHNET Archives

February 1997

From:
David Bergman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 07:43:26 -0600 (CST)
I haven't tried to use it, but I believe details for use are in our FAQ
shown below.

regards
Dave Bergman

On 4 Feb 1997, 72030,3271 wrote:

> I havent been receiving TechNet mail for the past several days, but it
> appears that it has started up again. I would like to see what I have
> missed, and remember hearing (reading) about a TechNet archive. How do
> I access it?
> Thanks in advance,
> Bill Parlin

> * If you are having a problem with the IPC TechNet forum please contact   *
> * Dmitriy Sklyar at 847-509-9700 ext. 311 or email at [log in to unmask]      *

WELCOME TO IPC'S TechNet FORUM!
-------------------------------

You have received this message in response to a 'subscribe'
command sent via e-mail to [log in to unmask] Please
*save* it for future reference as it contains information
important to your use and enjoyment of the forum.

General information about this forum follows, in case you don't
already have it. You will also find a brief explanation of who
IPC is and what we do.

Finally, we have prepared answers to frequently asked questions
related to the use of the forum, including how to submit e-mail
for distribution, contact the forum maintainer, or access
instructions to IPC's e-mail autoresponse system. Policy issues
are also discussed.

Please send all suggestions for improvements to the Frequently
Asked Questions (FAQ) list to [log in to unmask]

WHAT THE TechNet FORUM OFFERS
-----------------------------

This peer networking forum can be used to ask others for
technical help, comments or questions on IPC specifications,
or other technical inquiries. IPC will also use TechNet
to announce meetings, important technical issues, surveys,
etc. As a general networking forum, any technical question
is fair game.

We suggest that discussion of pricing is not appropriate
for TechNet. Requests for recommendations of products or
suppliers are appropriate when responses are sent to the
individual requesting the information only and not to the
entire TechNet forum.

If you ever want to remove yourself from this forum, send
an e-mail message as follows:

     To: [log in to unmask]

Do not include text in the body of your e-mail.

ABOUT THE IPC
-------------

The IPC is a U.S.-based trade association for the Electronic
Interconnection Industry, and represents over 2000 member
companies worldwide. As the only trade association to bring
together all aspects of the Electronic Interconnection Industry,
the IPC supports standards, education, training, environmental,
and governmental affairs programs to meet industry needs. IPC's
efforts support the Electronic Interconnection Industry,
comprising over $14 billion in sales and 200,000 employees. For
information on membership or programs and services of the IPC,
call Jeanette Ferdman at 847/509-9700 ext. 309 or e-mail

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

ABOUT SUBSCRIBING . . .

Q:  What is the correct procedure for subscribing to a forum?