TECHNET Archives

February 1997

Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 09:58:55 -0500 (EST)
Not being a PCB manufacturer, we must only respond to what we hear.  With
that qualification, what we hear agrees with Mr. Rooke of Circocraft
statements completely.  There is another variable here that also needs to be
addressed.  That variable is laminate, or more specifically, Copper foil
quality.   If you are buying lower grade laminate, with more dishdowns and
other defects in the Copper foil, liquid photoresists can allow these to
produce acceptable innerlayers a higher percent of the time than dryfilm.
 Further, the finer the line and space geometry, the truer that statement
seems to be.   This is, of course, because the liquid resists coat uniformly,
no matter what the shape of the foil.  Dishdowns and dents don't matter to a
liquid resist.

This point of view is one that is shared by a number of our customers, both
liquid and dry film users.

Rudy Sedlak
RD Chemical