TECHNET Archives

February 1997

From:
[log in to unmask] (Doug McKean)
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 08:54:54 -0500
David Hoover wrote:
> I'm involved in a group developing test vehicles for ultra
> small package and assembly / compatability. I have been
> given the fun task to gather information regarding moisture
> and fungus (ewwwww) testing. Targeted market is commercial
> portables and handhelds. Anybody got any ideas on test
> methods and/or criteria?
> Any and all replies will be greatly appreciated.
> Groovy

Just a short caution for you or anybody about fungus testing.

Be very careful about it, health-wise I mean.

A long time ago a was looking for a job as a compliance
engineer. A company that interviewed me did in-house
fungus testing. I found out through someone at the company
the reason for the high turnover in the test lab was
from people being sick all the time.

If you have to be there handling things, get a good dust
mask and surgical gloves.  And wash, wash, wash.

   The comments and opinions stated herein are mine alone,
   and do not reflect those of my employer.