TECHNET Archives

February 1997

From:
[log in to unmask] (Doug McKean)
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:07:02 -0500
Does the use of silver (3-4 microinches) improve solderability?

I have in my hands an article from Printed Circuit Fabrication
"PCB Solderability with no HASL" given to me by our board
assembly house. We are neither a board fabricator nor a board
assembly house. Our vendor is asking if we will consider
changing to Immersion Silver Technology and Solderability.

Could someone out there dealing with this stuff give me
some real world pros and cons about silver?

And don't hesitate to get as technical as you want.
I need as much of an education as I can get.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

   The comments and opinions stated herein are mine alone,
   and do not reflect those of my employer.