TECHNET Archives

February 1997

From:
Glynn Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 15:30:01 -0800
We use IGI's Ext software to generate test fixtures from Optrotech Cad
data. When we process our files manually, generating a "paste" layer
consisting of all pads and then creating a TPL layer, all is well. However,
if we process the files automatically, foregoing the paste  and TPL layers,
the software generates an LES file which puts small SMT pins into the
middle of large through holes if the through hole pad is square.

Anybody got a clue as to how to get to automated fixture building w/o this
kind of silly error?

Glynn Shaw, President
Proto Engineering Corp.
181 Commercial St.