TECHNET Archives

February 1997

From:
"D'Auteuil, Gerry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 97 15:40:00 PST

I have a question with regard to Resin Recession prior to thermal stress.
  Both IPC-600 and 6012 only indicate an acceptable condition after
thermal stress.  There is no mention of the acceptability of resin
recession after HASL.  I am looking to find any information which I could
supply to one of my accounts that would indicate what the criteria would
be prior to thermal stress.   MIL-P-55110 paragraph 3.6.2.1.10.1 has a
criteria prior to thermal stress.
This product is also in excess of 175 mils thick.  We have also recently
moved to aprox. 175 degrees C,Tg material to alleviate lifted lands but
we are now seeing more resin recession.  Would someone at TechNet  or IPC
be able to comment on their views or  findings for Resin Recession prior
to thermal stress?