TECHNET Archives

February 1997

From:
Ed Cosper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 13:17:24 -0600
Jonathan,

I'm not sure what type of AOI system you are using but a 1-3 mil accuracy pre-requisite to find the image for inspection seem awful tight. I think most of us pin to the same punched slots as you are for our AOI. Many AOI systems have a variable ( programmable)  tolerance threshold to find the intended image/area to be inspected. Many board manufacturers have added fiducials to the panels for locating and inspecting the image. This are a couple of things to look at. I really think your problem is in the limits of the AOI equipment and not necessarily your tooling.

Ed Cosper