TECHNET Archives

February 1997

From:
"Yuen, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 97 12:21:00 CST

I believe you are looking for Dynamic Technology @ NC.

P: 704-463-1348

Hope this helps
 ----------
From: TechNet-request
To: Technet
Subject: heat shielding
Date: Monday, February 17, 1997 11:44AM

Here's one for you.
Some time ago, a company sent me a sample of a material they had developed
that could be used to shield heat sensitive components during reflow.  It
would be molded to conform to the surface geometry of the portion of the
assembly to be protected.  I'm a bit skeptical about whether it really works
but I'd like to try it.  It could be very beneficial for the Reflow Of
Through-hole process applications.
If anyone knows who this company is or where they are, please let me know.
 I'd like to experiment with the material.

Phil Zarrow
ITM, Inc.