TECHNET Archives

February 1997

Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 97 10:06:40 EST
Hello Technet,
We have been experiencing problems with our soldermask lamination process.  We
use Dupont's Vacrel 8140 dry film soldermask, and apply with an EH2400 vacuum
laminator.  Upon removal from the laminator, we frequently see that rings have
formed in the soldermask.  The rim of the ring is darker green, and the area
confined by the ring is lighter green than the surrounding soldermask.  We
have requested help/suggestions from mfg of both laminator and film, but as
often happens, each says the problem is not with their product.
Has anyone else experienced this problem while vacuum laminating dry film
soldermask?  Any suggestions on how to eliminate this problem would be greatly
appreciated.
cbh